AFI Top 100

Here is a list of the American Film Institute's Top 100 films of all time, all of which I own. Reviews will be put in as I watch them. Some I have already watched, but I would like to see them again through a critic's eyes before I write a review.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

9. Schindler’s List 1993

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108052/

I have to admit that when I first saw this film it was a long time ago and I thought it was so wonderful... but the first thing that came to my mind was "It's such a wonderful movie. I don't think I'm going to be able to sit through three hours of that again, but it was wonderful." After a few years, though, there was so much about the film that I had forgotten about.For example, I had forgotten that Schindler was a philanderer. I had also forgotten that he was in it for the money from the beginning. But it's not Schindler's character that makes the story so miraculous- it's how Schindler's character evolved from philanderer to philanthropist.

The story touches the audience to the very heart and rocks them to the core. It's a story of a member of the Nazi party who becomes a jewish sympathizer and gives up his very soul and everything he has to buy their freedom. It's such a wonderful film and so inspiring. If you have lived on Mars for the last 10 years and haven't ever seen it, you should. If you have, but it has been a long time, see it again. It is an amazing story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home